Extraordinary General Meeting, April 21, 2018
Agenda for a meeting (posted 17 April) – for more information on Executive Committee nominees and other action items at the EGM, view at Slides-for-EGM-on-21st-April-2018
The following roles will be contested by the nominees below and voted in at the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM), Saturday 21 April, 5:30-6:30 pm at Chili’s Clarke Quay.
Director of Youth Program
Diane Foo (uncontested)
Director of National Men’s Team
Joewe Lam Tat Chung (uncontested)
Joreen Soo, the incumbent, has extended her tenure until the Annual General Meeting later in 2018.
To vote for the new ExCo members listed above, you must be in attendance for the EGM at Chilis, 5:30-6:30 pm. Please attend, vote, and have a say.
The SIHA Annual Banquet & Summer League Draft will take place after the EGM. The Banquet is free of charge to SIHA members and includes Chili’s catering and free flow beer from 6:30-8:30 pm (or until supplies are finished, whatever occurs first). After 8:30 pm you will need to cover your own costs for food and beverages. You can bring friends and family non-SIHA members, but they will need to cover their own expenses. The Summer League 2018 Draft will happen in parallel to the Banquet.
Date & Schedule
Saturday, April 21
5:30-6:30 pm – EGM
6:30-8:30 pm – Banquet & Draft
8:30 pm onwards – the festivities continue, but you cover your own tab
Clarke Quay Central
6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #01-18 The Central Singapore 059817
Singapore Ice Hockey Association’s (SIHA) has called an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on April 21 2018. SIHA’s Executive Committee has called the meeting to vote for five (5) replacement roles within the Executive Committee immediately to ensure successive planning for the next fiscal year. Details on venue and schedule will follow soon.
The following roles are open for volunteer candidates:
- Vice President
- Director of Youth Development
- Director of Men’s National Program
- More info: SIHA Executive Committee Roles and Responsibilities 2018
Criteria for nomination:
Each candidate should have the following qualifications:
- is a current Members of the Singapore Ice Hockey Association;
- has a strong interest in the sport of ice hockey and its future in Singapore;
- is willing and able to commit time and experience to the SIHA initiatives; and
- is willing to attend monthly Executive Committee meetings
As per the SIHA constitution, all Executive Committee positions are elected for a two-year tenure and 100% volunteer roles.
The nomination process:
The following steps must be fulfilled for all nominees:
- Nominations must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by any member or representative.
- Each nomination must be seconded by another member or representative.
- The nomination must be signed by the person being nominated (signifying consent to the nomination), the nominator (who can also be the candidate), and the seconder. Signatures may be electronic. The current Executive Committee may also make nominations with the prior written approval of the nominee.
- On Wednesday, April 11th, 2018, all nominees will be shared with the current SIHA membership by email.
- Voting will take place on Saturday, April 21st, 2018 at the Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) in person at a venue and time to be clarified soon. At the EGM, nominees will be invited to introduce themselves, prior to the vote. Following the vote, the final tally will be announced and the nominee with the most votes will be appointed.
- More info: SIHA – ExCo Nomintation Process
Interested parties may reach out to the SIHA Secretary at email@example.com with additional questions on the roles, responsibilities or to be connected to the current Executive Committee members for additional insights.