Singapore Women’s Development Program
The Singapore Women’s Development Program (WDP) selects participants from the program to form the Singapore National Team, due to participate in the IIHF Women Asia and Oceania Championships happening between 30 April and 7 May 2023, held in Bangkok, Thailand. The team has trained hard over the past few months, and are ready for the tournament.
Front: Samuel Lim, Yeong Mun Jun, Janis Mak, Daniel Chew, Tiffany Yeoh, Alphonsus Jude Joseph, Jaslyn Lim, Eugene Chin, Caroline Ang
Back: Lim Wen Lin, Kylie, Valerie Cheng, Nicole Tan, Arabel Yap, Quek Yin Feng, Zikki Xie, Kiarra Chin, Emily Kwek, Lim Pei Zhen, Kristy Yew, Jill Quek, Alexia Goh, Brianna Tan
Not in photo: Chen Yi Xian, Akira Iwasaki, Alicia Soh, Foo Qina, Tiffany Ong, Lovinia Choe
30 April: SGP v MAS, 4pm (+8 GMT)
1 May: SGP v UAE, 4pm (+8 GMT)
3 May: THA v SGP, 7:30pm (+8 GMT)
QF, SF and Finals TBD
The Singapore Women’s Ice Hockey team was formed in 2013, gathering a team comprising 15 players and 2 goaltenders where they made their international debut in the 2014 IIHF Women’s Challenge Cup of Asia (Division 1) in Hong Kong.
In a bid to increase the pool of players, we have recruited participants from Learn-To-Play ice hockey programs in collaboration with The Rink, floorball, inline hockey and field hockey to join the team.
- To encourage and promote fair play under all circumstances and conditions
- To win graciously and accept defeat with dignity
- To show respect to teammates, coaches and game officials
To promote and teach the sport of ice hockey, developing player athletes to reach their highest potential in a positive environment while encouraging discipline, character, commitment, integrity and honour, on and off the ice.
- Sportsmanship – Sense of fair play, humble and gracious in victory and defeat.
- Leadership – Lead, develop and promote positive hockey experiences.
- Respect for Individual – Treat all others as you expect to be treated. In the values of fair play and sportsmanship, be respectful towards all aspects of the game from coaches, to officials, to players (opponents inclusive), to parents, and spectators.
- Integrity – Seek to foster honesty and fair play beyond mere strict interpretation of the rules and regulations of the game.
2019 WCCOA (TOP Div) UAE – 3rd Placing (HC: Michael Loh, AC: Peter Tan)
2018 WCCOA (TOP Div) Malaysia – 4th Placing (HC: Samuel Lim, AC: Peter Tan)
2017 WCCOA (Combined Div) Thailand – 3rd Placing (HC: Michael Loh, AC: Kenny Liang)
2016 WCCOA (Div 1) Taipei – 3rd Placing (HC: Michael Loh, AC: Eugene Ang)
2014 WCCOA (Div 1) Hong Kong – 3rd Placing (HC: Michael Loh, AC: Daniel Chew)
*HC: Head Coach, AC: Asst Coach
If you are interested in joining the team, reach us at Singapore Ice Hockey Association